SUMMARY: The basic function of the Fleet Mechanic position is to work on the day-to-day maintenance activities of the company and repair and maintain motor coaches, school buses and other company vehicles as assigned. This position also requires the applicant have a clean driving record, maintain a CDL and drive both school bus and motor coach as needed. This is a full-time salaried position with paid Holidays & Vacation. This job is typically Monday – Friday 07:00 – 5:00. However, hours and days worked may vary according to your duties and the needs of the Company.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
Must have good communication skills and a positive attitude. Must have a solid background in the field of diesel and gas engines with general knowledge of a/c systems, electrical components, welding, hydraulic and air brake systems. High School or higher education preferred with the ability to operate diagnostic equipment.
For more information please call Carlin at 406.549.6121 Ext. #118
Or visit our employment page you can find an application at the bottom of the page.
Bus safety reminders
From your friends at Beach Transportation
PARENTS , PLEASE:
* Have your students dress in appropriate clothing.
* Get your students safely to and from the bus stop . Students should be at the stop no fewer than five minutes and no more than 10 minutes before the scheduled time.
* Be with your students at the stop to monitor behavior and assist with safety. Have your students wait for the bus at a safe spot off the road and always watch traffic.
* Have students use the handrails when boarding or exiting the bus to prevent slipping.
* Have a backup plan in case the bus is delayed. Bus drivers will run routes as scheduled; However, delays may occur if snowplows are unable to keep the roads clear or difficulties arise. Please do not let your students remain at a stop for more than 15 minutes after scheduled time.
* Please submit concerns about suspicious activity , wild animals, bus stop locations and so on in writing to your school.
We will get you there and home safely!
For any group going any place for that special Holiday Celebration, be safe and leave the driving to the professionals at Beach Transportation
Be sure to watch out for slower traffic and kids crossing the street, beginning the week of August 30.
Remember to stop when you see the flashing red lights.
For more information please see our safety pages here
Here at Beach Transportation we publish three newsletters every year for our employees and friends.
Here is our latest addition, Enjoy. Beachlines Winter 2023
School Bus Drivers & Attendants
*$21 Per Hr
*$15 Per Hr
This is the perfect job for;
* college students, we will work with your school schedules
* retirees wanting to stay busy, night weekends and summers off
* stay at home parents, your already driving the kids everywhere why not get payed for it
* anyone looking for a part-time or second job
Give Some Kids a Lift
Click here beachtrans.com/join-the-team
Give Some Kids A Lift And Help Your Community!
This is a night to enjoy yourself so let us worry about getting your friends and family to the fun and home safely.
- Bachelor/ Bachelorette Parties
- Group Travel
Let us help you and your guests celebrate in style.
This year we celebrate our 80th year transporting students in Missoula County. Here is a little history we wanted to share with our employees and friends.
History of Beach Transportation
National School Bus Driver Shortage! We are currently hiring 20 new drivers and several attendants for the 2021-22 school year. You can help and make some extra money at the same time.
- You could make an extra $8,000 for an AM and PM route or $5,500 for an AM only route or PM only route.
- Attendants could make $6,000 for an AM and PM route or $4,200 for an AM only route or PM only route.
- Earn a free CDL- We will train you and pay all the fees!
Currently an MCPS employee?
- We will find you a route that works with your MCPS job.
- Schedule will follow the school calendar so no night, no weekends, and all school holidays off!
- Make some extra money for your summer travels.
- Your already good with kids, so why not?
We ask that you seriously consider this collaborative effort and help us end the driver shortage in Missoula County. The school bus is just an extension of the classroom.
Questions please call (406) 549-6121
Click here for an Application or stop by our office at 825 Mount Ave
Please select the link for your school.
Missoula County Public Schools